Short Track Roller Derby Club
- Free - Volunteer
- $60.00 - Full Session (11/29/22 - 1/17/23)
- $25.00 - Tourney Only (1/7/23)
- $15.00 - Drop in (pay per practice)
1204 E Roosevelt St
Phoenix, AZ 85006
United States of America
SURE SHOTS Short Track Roller Derby Club is back! Join us during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season to keep your derby brain and body moving. This alternative ruleset is a very fun, recreational and accessible version of roller derby. It's played 3 on 3 on a small two lane track, everyone jams one time per half, switch directiosn at the half. Whether you are brand new, a "retired" derby skater, or an active vet in the sport, there is something for everyone! Join us for practices and the tourney, or drop in just for the tourney day (and one free practice).
What is Short Track Derby?
Learn all about this format in our Info Deck
When is it happening?
Starting November 29th, Tuesday nights @ Alwun House Art Park from 6:30pm - 9:00pm and concluding with a fun day tournament on Saturday, January 7th. Street parking in the neighboorhood.
Who can participate?
Anyone of any gender, from any league who has met basic skate skills. If you are new to derby and still feeling shakey, this is still for you. You can ease into your participation with jams that are leveled for contact. (Green/Yellow/Red)
What is practice like?
- 6:30 - 7:00 - Arrive, complete off skates warm ups
- 7:00 - 7:45 - Footwork and skills work.
- 7:45 - 9:00 - Break into teams and scrimmage, clean up by 9pm.
What do I need to do to be prepared?
- Tennis shoes for off skates.
- Lots of water.
- Black and white shirt for scrimmage with no numbers. Short track only uses numbers 1-7 and on your arms.
- Skate and safety gear, don't forget your mouthguard!
- Outdoor concrete surface. Pretty smooth, but don't bring your favorite wheels, they will get destroyed. Pants or long shorts recommended.
What are the requirements?
- Complete your online registration.
- Skating participants should already know how to roller skate safely.
- Learn a new thing, and have fun!